Tuesday 4 February 2014

Suspicious Activity in a Supermarket

On my days off I try to get out of the house, even if its to go food shopping, even if its up the high street. Most of the time I like to stay in bed sleeping the past weeks lack of sleep or stay in my room writing (sometimes) and watching films. But, as my parents have annoyingly pointed out, I need to get out of the house, even if I don't have plans.

I had a day off during the week and I really didn't want to leave my house, not because it was raining non stop, but I was settled, trying to watch season four of Battlestar Galactica, I'm in the middle of my marathon, and I really didn't want to go out. Then I remembered that I needed a few things from the supermarket. I remembered when I went to the kitchen and there was a serious lack of yoghurt. So, I slumped out the door and went to Waitrose.

I bought a few other bits and pieces I needed while wondering around the shelves. I had a craving for dried mango but couldn't find any. Eventually I found some of the dried fruit with the crisps, why, I have no idea. The crisps aisle happened to be near the wine and spirits sections so of course there was a security guard hanging around there but I didn't notice him at first.

The dried fruit I wanted was on the top shelf and of course I looked ridiculous trying to scrabble up the shelves to reach it. While trying to hold my now heavy basket and heavy bag too. I gave up and put my things down. No one but a little old man starring at the variations of nuts on the shelves was around, so no danger of someone making off with my things. Eventually the man moved off so I looked around, actually trying to see if any of the staff was around to help me. But I tried several times to reach the mango packet that now fallen over at the back, I noticed the security guard was hiding behind a pillar. I must have looked suspicious, looking around then trying to grab things off the shelf. But the guard, who I could obviously see was looking at me then quickly ducking behind the pillar. At that point I realised what I looked like so ran away from the shelf, abandoning my much desired mango.

Eventually I asked a staff member at the meat counter for help, he simply climbed the shelves and dropped the mango in my basket. I thought it was all over as the guard at seen this but no. I wondered off to the next aisle looking for humous this time and I could the guard looking at me suspiciously. I made it worse by trying to look out of the corner of my eye but in fact very obvious I was looking. Then, while I was queuing for the till, I remembered I wanted a newspaper so ran off suddenly again.

When I had eventually paid for everything and was leaving, the guard wasn't around. So ended my odd activity in the supermarket.

The fun didn't stop there though. My bus journey home was pretty darn annoying. Buses seem to be attracting more and more weirdos and arseholes. An elderly woman on the bus, sitting near the front, started harassing another woman, couldn't hear what she was saying but she was prodding and hitting her with her religious leaflet trying to get her attention. Eventually the other woman got up and moved and as I got off I saw a school boy sit down near her, I wanted to shout, 'NO not there!' but I was too late, she started being rude to him too.

Really hate buses.

HateBuses WriterWoes Dayoff Waitrose