Sunday 23 October 2016

Better, Scarier, Brainier, Funnier



 In honour of Halloween I have a post from a while ago but it seemed more relevant now. 

At the start of the month I went to a screening of Gremlins 2: The New Batch. It was a special screening, got a goodie bag and got sit in the screening room at Warner Bros. 

The full post can be read on Vulturehound HERE.

I first saw Gremlins back in Uni, which seems to be how quite a few of my stories begin, as it is beloved by one my friends. I think there were quite a few people in the room who I think we invited to watch movies and eat pizza or something. I was kinda bored during the first half of the film and don't remember much. Then I fell asleep. I woke up at the end just as the credits were rolling and that familiar music came on. I'm not too sure but I think people were annoyed that I fell asleep but I can't be certain. Anyway, I never re-watched it as I had no desire to. In a fight over what is better, Gremlins or Ghostbusters, I am obvious a champion of Ghostbusters. I grew up with the gang so it makes sense.

But later on in Uni, my same Gremlins obsessed friend suggested that we watched Gremlins 2 as it’s better than the first because it doesn’t take itself seriously AND it makes fun of the first one. I really enjoyed this one. It was crazy, ridiculous fun and has some seriously messed up moments, girl gremlin anyone? I think I’m going to add this to my Halloween watching collection, along with Frankenweenie, Coraline and Corpse Bride.