Wednesday 28 April 2021

Moving Forward

 I changed the name now I'm changing the location.

Some years back, my blog used to be called something else. I decided I needed to rebrand and be more concise. That other blog is actually still active somewhere on the web or when a link goes wrong. Now, I'm finally moving myself to another site. Its been a long time coming but it was needed. Buying the domain and everything.

I'm in the process of migrating over all my older posts as even though some of the things I used to write about wasn't all about film, I think its important to see where you've come from and the progress you've made along the way. But posts such as the Lemon Torte reworking of Last Resort may be a gem for the blog but might not be the next site. Going through and reading what I used to write about goes from bizarre to insightful at each post. I really have come along way from 2011 when I used to include poetry, events, my day to day, documenting my dissertation and making my final year film and even a story series. I also used to write far more shorter posts, like this one. I miss this short form blogging as it feels more personal. There seems to be a hell of a lot of pressure to create something that looks 'professional' and less like a blog. In fact, a blog is seen as something beneath the world of writers, critics and creators. But blogs are where so many people started off, they need more credit. 

I won't be deleting my blog, it will still be available to those who read it and who wish to see what I used to write about. Watch this space for more information and for when the BIG move will happen.