Saturday 11 August 2012

Look at This, I've Been Nominated for a Liebster Award

I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Annie at http://beardtoday-gonetomorrow.blogspot.co.uk. Thank you Annie!

 The rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Each person nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must answer the questions that are given to you from the person who nominated you.
3. You must then create 11 questions for the people you've nominated.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and link them in your post
5. Let the bloggers know they've been nominated.

These are the questions I was given:
1. If you could be any animal what would you be and why? I would be a fox, but a country fox. I don't think I would like to be an urban fox, too much trouble. I'd want to be a fox because they are smart and sly. They are majestic and run through the forest!
2. What one book do you wish you had written? Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll
3. You're only allowed one for the rest of your life: chocolate or cheese? Cheese, got to be cheese, especially night cheese.
4. Money is no object, where is the next place you'd like to travel to? New Zealand. I've wanted to visit it for years. I want to walk in Middle Earth.
5. What are most looking forward to right at this moment? I can't say. But I am looking forward to my birthday, ish.
6. What is your signature dish? I can only make cupcakes, biscuits and soup, so Butternut Squash Soup with salsa.
7. What was the last fancy dress party you went to? What did you go as? I think it was back in my third year of University, at our house's last party, it was movie themed. I dressed as the awesome Heather Mooney from Romey and Michelle's High School Reunion.
8. What's your favourite song/band? (you can answer either or, as it's a tough one) Favourite band is difficult but song would have to be We Used to Vacation by Cold War Kids.
9. Do yo have a moto, or a favourite quote, what is it/who said it? Not motto but my favourite quote is from Romeo and Juilet: "These violet delights have violent ends..."
10. If you could go back in time what would you tell your 14 year old self? I would say, 'DON'T EAT THOSE CAFETERIA DOUGHNUTS!' and 'Why did you give up trampoline?'.
11.Where in the world is your favourite place? This is difficult as I am most at home in a cinema watching a film. But I did really like Brussels.


11 things about me:
1. I really want a pet dog but can't as I am allergic to dogs (and cats, fur and feathers).
2. If I could live in a film it would be a Wes Anderson film. But I would want to work on a Coen Brothers film.
3. I really wish I had come up with the story of the Disney short 'The Whale who wanted to sing at the Met"
4. I have looked into becoming a seal warden a few times.
5. When I was aged 5 til 16 I wanted to be an actress and took part in anything to do with drama.
6. If I had my own zoo I would have the following animals dwell in it; an otter, a seal, a penguin, a polar bear, a fox and a duck.
7. Having seen the musical 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers' when I was very young it is now embedded into my mind as amazing.
8. One of my favourite things to do on a lazy day is to drink tea and watch Poirot or Miss Marple. That or reorganise my DVDs.
9. I am obsessed with White Russian cocktails after seeing The Big Lebowski.
10. Had a traumatic experience when I was 17, I ended up missing an exam. I think loads of people know the story.
11. The last item I bought that wasn't coffee was my very own Toasted Sandwich Maker.

My questions to my nominees:
1. What posters did you have on your wall when you were 10 years old?
2. If you could be any character from fiction who would it be?
3. What was the first film you saw at the cinema?
4. What was the last book you read and was it any good?
5. Do you have a bad habit? If you do, what is it and do you keep it a secret?
6. What it your favourite kind of cake?
7. Are you superstitious and have you ended up in an embarrassing situation because of being so?
8. Whats the craziest piece of clothing in your wardrobe?
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
10. Who's the person you admire the most and why?
11. What television show are you addicted to at the moment?


And the nominees are:
Merideth - one sheepish girl
and
Laura - Laura Lexx