Friday 31 December 2021

Here's to 2021

Last year I wrote this heading into a new year when I usually write this last thing in December. Going back to tradition here it is to whoever is actually reading these posts. 

Once again, this has been a difficult year, with further lockdowns, ‘freedom day’ whatever that was meant to mean, more worries and changes that might not have been wanted or needed. But I am thankful that my friends and family are safe and well on the most part. 

Although I don’t have all the new events that happened last year I did celebrate two milestones, my 10 years of writing and a more personal one I share with someone special. I’m still in my flat, a room of my own and actually started a new job last month which I’m enjoying. I didn’t go on a long holiday but I did escape the city for the coast a few times which was very welcome and I hope to do so again. I even got to see friends in person who I hadn’t seen for over a year. I’m thankful for the little things too which is why my resolution won’t be a long list again. 

Of course I’m hoping to write more, watch more films, go to more festivals in person, go on a longer holiday (I’m talking a week by the way), more adventures and I would of course like to get in shape. But like last year I’m also going to keep positive. 

Happy New everyone!