Saturday 2 January 2021

New Year, New Hope

 I've had the tradition of writing a post every December 31st or there abouts and this year the post is for the first day of the year instead. I recently came across a compilation of clips from 2018. It was for the 1 Second Every Day app which I didn't get to complete because the app stopped working. Back then I thought 2018 was the worst year ever, mainly because I'd been forced to leave a job I loved but in fact the year was one the best. I travelled, I had had great times with friends, I saw and tried new things and yes I may have had 3 jobs that year, but I got to go to film festivals and make progress with my writing. 2019 wasn't a good year, over shadowed by losing someone very important to me. But there were moments where I had had a good time, seen things, been places. So there things to be grateful for. This year has something completely different. This year has been terrible for everyone everywhere in some way. After this year, I will take nothing for granted ever again. 

Like most people, the year began really well and hopeful. I started a new job which I enjoyed. I finally moved into my new flat, my own space. I got to continued to celebrate friends' 30th birthdays. I was getting writing done, going to screenings. I was learning more about Tarot. Things were looking up. Even after lockdown and the months of separation, working meetings on zoom, cinemas being closed, which affected me work wise and personally, I still managed to salvage some moments where I felt I had achieved something worthwhile. 

I got to see my family, a few friends and tried to continue on as much as I could under the circumstances. There were silver linings this year. I have my job, I have my flat and I did meet someone. Thankfully my friends and family are safe and well. And as things are, I'm grateful for this. 

I'm not making big sweeping resolutions this year except to keep positive. 

Happy New Year everyone!