Wednesday 7 August 2019

Before The Re-reboot Over Shadows It All


As I said, before the re-reboot directed by Elizabeth Banks eclipses the McG offerings from the 2000s, I thought it was time to talk about 'Charlie's Angels' in all its problematic glory. As much as I love the film adaptation (and sequel) of the TV classic about three women who work for a private detective agency backed by an annoymous billionaire, there are so many problems with it and I;m not just talking about the fact that these women always have to dress in overtly 'sexy' outfits. So, I made a zine.


If you want a closer look and are able to get to Deptford, London, you'll be in luck as its the South London Zine Festival going on until 11th August. Zines from all over will be on display with some copies available to buy. If you're not able to get to London and want to grab a copy, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Now, in Alex's words (played by Lucy Lui) - 'Get off the babysitter. Daddys home.' In other words, time to go.

There was so much dialogue in those films that never made sense.