Thursday 24 January 2019

Thursday Movie Picks: Movies You Walked Out Of


I don't walk out of films, mostly because I've paid to be there and want my money's worth. I also stay because I need to see it all to have a valid opinion at the end, whether I love it or hate it. This the same for press screenings BUT there have been films where I've either very much wanted to leave or had to turn off. This week's theme was chosen by Brittani from Rambling Film.

Dog Eat Dog
This is a terrible film. I hate it with all of my being. Nicolas Cage, Willem Dafoe and Christopher Matthew Cook are three former prisoners who are hired to kidnap a baby and share the ransom money. It is a horrible film and I hated it from the very violent opening scene with Dafoe. Hated it so much I didn't finish it.

Ladyworld
I would have actually left this film but because of where I was sitting I would have disturbed a lot of other people and has no other choice but to walk  in front of the screen to get out. My thoughts on the mess of this film can be read here.

Scorch Trials
The second film/book in the Maze Runner series, which I had read and was interested to see how they would let this story play out. Its over complicated in the book BUT eventually made sense. However, as the first film changed things from the book (made sense to to be honest) I knew it was going to be different. Its in this post for a reason, so, I hated it. I got through a third of the film, where it is NOTHING like the book. The book is ok so I had hoped it would be better but nope its just bad. It's so bad, I stopped, then skipped ahead, then just left it. I didn't care what happened to Thomas and his merry band of maze buddies. I didn't care how or if they made it across the desert or what was WICKED. As I said, its an over complicated story and there are many plot points that don't make sense. I didn't even know the third film came out, The Death Cure, at some point. I didn't bother with the last book either.

Don't forget to check out where it all started over at
Wandering Through the Shelves