Tuesday 14 August 2018

Blind Spot: Bagdad Cafe


This may be seen as using another post to pad this one out BUT before I was given the chance to review the 30th Anniversary edition of Bagdad Cafe, I had been waiting for the opportunity ever since I read Ruby Tandoh's piece in Filmme Fatales issue no8. An excellent zine may I add. I think this does deserve to be in my blind spot list as its not a film I'd accidentally stumble upon but it has the air of 'classic' about it. Its about friendship, the importance of magic and of course, coffee.That hauntingly beautiful song will follow me down any road I walk now.

Full review can be found over at VultureHound HERE.

To find out how it all started, head over to The Matinee and to see what's happening now, check out Returning Videotapes who is the new host of the Blind Spot Series.