Friday 27 July 2018

The Dude Abides

The Dude has abided for 20 gutterballing, White Russian drinking, pot smoking years. The Coen Brothers' cult film celebrates its 20th Anniversary this year and I'm not the only one celebrating.

Tonight, there is a screening of The Big Lebowski, part of Cinema Rediscovered and I will be introducing the film. Very nervous but also super excited. I though to go along with the film, I'd bring a mini zine I'd made (also thanks to my Dad who trimmed the edges and stapled them together) for those who wanted something to take home with them. I added in a word search as I thought why not? Plus I was inspired by Hannah Woodhead's Laura Dern zine.

I'll have more to write about this weekend as I will also be catching some other films I haven't seen before which I'm very much looking forward to.

Here's a look at the zine: