Saturday 30 June 2018

Ed Film Fest


It's been pretty quiet here on the blooging front but I have an excellent reason why...

Over the past week, well from 22nd to 27th I was at the Edinburgh International Film Festival armed with my press pass, heavy catalogue and a coffee for nearly every screening.

There other film festivals that I should but have yet to make it to, (Berlin, Rotterdam, I'm coming for you next year!) and I'm working my way up to the festivals much further a-field, such as TIFF and Sundance and who knows, maybe I'll get to Cannes one day. But for now, I'm happy with my Scottish adventure 3rd time round.

As I wa spart of press, most of my reviews will be up on Vulturehound - links to follow - with one or two up on here. This was my watch list for the festival, an assortment of press screenings and ticketed events:



Every time I go to Edinburgh I usually save a day to go exploring BUT as this was delightfully full on week, I didn't but I get to try out a few new places such as The Owl & Deer cafe not far from where I stayed (they make the best french toast) and The Elephant House, the place where J.K Rowling wrote her Potter books, but I went for the great coffee and cake! And of course I had to go to my favourite place, Saint Giles Cafe & Bar, where the house speciality is always a treat. Fun fact, its the only dish I where I'll eat bacon and brie (usually hate both, the food is that good). If you ever find yourself in Edinburgh, definitely try at least one of these places!


Post to follow or keep an eye on the FESTIVALS page for links!

@edfilmfest