Wednesday 18 October 2017

Top Picks of the LFF


As I still have a couple of reviews still pending over at VultureHound, I can't put links up for them but I still give a brief run down of my top picks.

There were a few changes to my line up this year, thrown in mostly because quite a few screenings only had two showings, one late at night and the other middle of the day during the week. I was also stretched a little as I had my course on Saturdays until 4pm AND I was shooting the second scene of my short film on the other. I had press accreditation this year which was very exciting. In fact, I still have some films to watch on the digital library so watch this space. I got to go to a couple of press screenings which were worth my time in gold. I ended up switching films last minute one night, going to see Thoroughbreds instead of Going West. As I wasn't very keen on the former, I wonder what I missed with the latter. Hopefully I'll get another chance to see it. I also got to go to a couple of screenings before the festival started. So things were very different to how they are every year. Hopefully they'll be as fun next year too.

TOP PICKS OF LFF


Call Me By Your Name, The Shape of Water, The Breadwinner, How to Talk to Girls at Parties & You Were Never Really There (both appearing soon on VultureHound).