Sunday 17 March 2013

Not Easy Being Green

Happy St Patricks day to everyone Irish, to everyone else, Happy Today I'm Irish Day!

I think I've only ever made a big deal of St Patrick's day once or twice before, maybe because it landed on a Saturday.

Today is of course St Patrick's day, the patron saint of Ireland. The day commemorates Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland as well as celebrating the heritage and culture of the Irish in general. The fact that the day is in the middle of Lent, means that the restrictions of food and drink is lifted just for the day, which has encouraged the day's tradition of drinking a lot of alcohol.



This is also the day that everyone declares that is fact they are Irish. Not I may have an Irish name and somewhere in my heritage I do have Irish in me but I do not take the day away from those true Irish people.

So for all those celebrating today, have an awesome day and don't get too drunk, you've got work tomorrow.