Thursday 29 June 2017

TMP Television Edition: Medical Drama



I don't tend to watch and stick with medical dramas, which is why two of my picks are actually more comedy. In fact, I'm pretty sure Green Wing is a full blown comedy show, with added bits of drama. I'm more police murder mystery sci-fi kinda person.



Green Wing
I loved Green Wing the minutes I saw the random quick ads on TV. The show started while I was still back in secondary school and I was obsessed. It aired on Friday nights so you can tell I was a bit of a shut in as I used to watch it live. No one at school watched it, they were all into Big Brother 4 or 5 or whatever and Eastenders. I loved the show so much that I went to meet the cast 3 times for each DVD release. I got to meet my hero, Stephen Mangan 3 times and have the photos to prove it! The show is about the staff of the fictional East Hampton Hopital trust, who are in various departments, HR, Surgury, Radiology, Medical students... and its crazy. It is also very very funny. It's addictive watching. I was a total fangirl for this show!


Scrubs
Bcak in 2001, US TV shows used to take forever to make it over here. My whole family was excited about Scrubs arriving though and we all used to watch it together. It all begins when JD and Turk start at Sacred Heart Hopital as residents. Filled with weird characters and staff alike, the show still found time between the laughs for more sombre moments, as it is a hopsital after all. Getting seasons 1 & 2 on DVD for Christmas one year was amazing! There was nothing like it on TV but as time went by the uniqueness of the show drifted away, especially in the weird 9th season which I saw a few episodes of and dislikes. I remember losing interest around season 5, picking up an episode here and there. The first three seasons were brilliant and thats what I like to remember. 

No Angels 
I actually came in at season 2 for this Leeds set comedy drama about three nurses and a healthcare assistant. The four women (Lia, Kate, Anji and Beth) each with their own personalities, go through their day to day, love lives and going out on the town having fun. More drama than comedy but still a pretty good show, shame it only had three series.


Don't forget to check out where it all started over at