Thursday 13 June 2013

Graduate Fashion Week

Last week was Graduate Fashion Week and I was lucky enough to have an invitation to University of the Creative Arts (Epsom)'s show.
#GraduateFashionWeek


With hundreds of students exhibited their work at Earls Court, we had a difficult time navigating around the space. It was like a labyrinth of fashion walking through all the different universities. Designs for women/men's wear, underwear, shoes and jewelery. Eventually we found UCA Epsom and all of this year's graduates' work. Represented by their sketchbooks and designs, some with photographs of a piece from their final collection. It was overwhelming at how talented and creative these graduates are.



The show was even more impressive. I have never been to a fashion show (apart from one I filmed during Uni) so I was very excited to be in the audience. I'm going to try and write about a subject I don't know about so here is a collection of designers that I liked. I'm sure if you Google them, more info about them will pop up.

 by Sian Hulse
 by Brooke Curling
 by Hannah Rose Flores
by Bradley Snowdon

My favourite designer in the show was Dunia Baghdadi's collection, Bombs Over Baghdad. She has been featured in various fashion blogs including Trendstop Blog . As well as the clothes, Dunia also designed and made the shoes and bag that is featured.

You can see a more in depth look at her collection, plus better quality photographs, here at Not Just A Label.

You can watch the entire UCA Epsom fashion show here