Thursday 6 June 2013

And So The Journey Begins

As my horoscope had predicted for ages, travel was on the horizon. At the time I thought it was all babble. But due to some changes, I changed my mind and actually make the free newspaper horoscope come true. I decided my destination and a few days ago booked the B&B, the train tickets and what I'd do.

I have wanted to go away and do some writing away from home and the city, somewhere quiet where I wouldn't be distracted. My destination, Penzance in Cornwall. I do love Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance but my main reason for visiting the place was that it was close to Land's End. I want to see the end of the land and write something.

I originally wanted to stop off at places (Bath, Seal Sanctuary, Devon) but the trip became to expensive. Another day and time I will do another trip.

At the moment my bag is half packed as I need to pack the laptop and jumper. But below is what I will be traveling with day to day.






Of course I'll have all the other usual bits and pieces but this is the main bulk.

I catch my train at 10:00 am and arrive in Penzance at 15:00, its a long journey.