Thursday 31 January 2013

I Wanted To Go To There

The end is near and so 30 Rock faces the final curtain . . .

Let's put it this way, me and 30 Rock, we go way back, like spinal chords and car seats.

Back in 2007, I stayed up til 11pm to watch this new TV show in Channel 5 of all channels. I had spotted the mention of this show in a very small insert in Radio Times. I was intrigued, especially as it was written by the same woman who wrote Mean Girls.

This is what else I saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRvx38iBxlI



Watched the first episode. It was love at first laugh. That first laugh being that Alec Baldwin was in the show and was introduced by knocking a wall down. This was soon to be known as 'Jack Attack'.

I went to college the next day asking everyone, 'did you see this awesome show on last night?' and from every angle it was 'what are you talking about?'. Alas I had to enjoy this genius show on my own.  But then the DVD was released and I finally could share the show with my friends. They were hooked. 






Tina Fey became my idol and every time I talked about her I had to tell people 'she wrote Mean Girls' and then they knew who I meant. One of my new years resolutions is 'to be more like Tina' but of course I am waaaay off that goal.



I took 30 Rock to Uni with me, couldn't leave home without it. And like a drug I got some of my friends at Uni hooked on it! The 30 Rock love spread. Everyone was quoting it, talking about it, posting about it, it was amazing.

I still need to dress up as Liz Lemon as The Joker. The Batman rif episode was one of the best, not yo mention the reality show within a show, Queen of Jordon, the one reality show that I approve of and wish they had made more. Priceless wine throwing all round.

The show has given birth to some of the best characters in comedy, Alec Baldwin as Jack Donaghy, Tracy Morgan as Tracy Jordan, Jane Krakowski as Jenna (look her up on jennasside.com, say it out loud) Maroney and Jack McBrayer as Kenneth the every youthful NBC page who also doubles up as Leap Dave Williams (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkwZrm_UXPc). Characters you would not find anywhere or be employed by anyone but NBC at Studio 6H.

I couldn't believe it when they announced that season 7 would be its last and not even a complete one. There had been so many false ends where Alec Baldwin said he was leaving but didn't then when it was going to end he campaigned for at least a full last season. Alas, its time to say farewell to the amazing, award winning, ham demanding genius comedy that is 30 Rock.

For the last time everyone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20FAAZnKFH4
'I'm a star! I'm on top! Somebody bring me some haaaaaaaaaam!'

To celebrate there should be a party, in my case cheap drinks somewhere but us fans all know that there ain't no party like a Liz Lemon party coz a Liz Lemon party is mandatory!

Lemon out!