Thursday 6 December 2018

Tales From the Screen Age...


First with excitement and then with eager anticipation I watched the first trailer of 'Mortal Engines', an adaptaion of a book I loved when I was younger, back in 2003. I had always said the book had cinematic potential and now we can see it in cinemas this week!

The concept art was beautifully spot on but the trailer worried me. In fact each trailer release I doubted that this was going to be the story I loved. And yes I know, 'you shouldn't compare the book to the film' but readers will always do that. The fact that Peter Jackson was on board gave me hope,  but he didn't direct it. Ignore the marketing that makes it seem like he did, he didn't. But despite that, I was still keen to see it. M full review over at VultureHound which will be up soon. But until then, HERE are my thoughts about the possible new franchise to try and dominate the cinema.

Side note, having seen the film, I am actually spurred on to read the next book in the series.

UPDATE: My review of the film can be read HERE.