Monday 31 December 2018

Another Year, Another 'New' Me

Unlikely.

No flares with this post, just words.

Last year I set realistic goals rather than resolutions because I think I knew, deep down, it was going to be a difficult year. What I didn't realise was that it was going to be a difficult year all round, not just, 'I need to job hunt AGAIN' kind of year.

Last year I was in an odd place, I had been plagued by headaches and given pills to 'fix' the problem. I had also been left to guess my fate in terms of the job I was at and I was in post production on my short film. Lets just say, my optimisim was misplaced.

Over the past year I've had three different jobs (thanks to the worst manager on the planet), my health as declined, I've had to take more pills than I've had to in all my life, I've tried to save a friendship only to have it thrown in my face, my family had to sell and say good bye to my Nan's house, a place we all have lots of memories (my Nan is safe in a home), things just weren't the same this year over Christmas BUT....

On the other hand, I got to attend two very special weddings, two of my best friends got married and both ceremonies were so unique and very them. One local, one in Croatia. I offered the chance to introduce a favourite film of mine at Cinema Rediscovered in Bristol, I have a taken on more writing opportunities, covered Edinburgh Film Festival AND BFI London Film Festival as part of the press and got the whole experience. I got my fourth tattoo, it may be small but its special to me. Despite the bullshit I've put up with, the film is complete!! (but more on that later). After years of saving and months of planning I finally travelled New Zealand, a life long dream of mine (and I've still not posted everything about it!).

There is always good with the bad, so I'll try to focus on the good parts this year. With my contact almost up, its back to the job hunt. I miss the water, so back to more regular swimminng. I haven't been to the cinema enough the past two months so, back to the cinema! Trying to be healthier so back on the bike. I would like to travel more too, but with the job situation, we'll have to see. Short trips and adventures around the UK are in store though. And as for writing, I have two projects lined up and hoping that my film collective gets its break.

Hoping you all have great year ahead.

Happy New Year everyone!