Thursday 25 February 2021

Zine Scene


Leading up to my blog's 10th Anniversary, I had hoped to reveal or start something bigger than planned but I'm still quite please with what's coming. Hopefully it will be coupled with a change of scenary but until March 17th (yes, I know that's St Patrick's Day, it just so happened that way) I can show what I've made in the last few months.

Usually I pick a film I've written a longer piece about but for the last two I chose because both films were made by women, with female characters front and centre. I loved both films for different reasons and wanted to celebrate further. The zines are just something I enjoy doing if you're curious as why I make them. I'm hoping I can add PDF versions to my blog or website in the near future so everyone can see them and not just the lucky few who get physical copies.



Back in October, I was lucky to see Saint Maud again in the cinema and with a socially distanced full room. It was a great experience and thinking back it really makes me miss cinema more and more. I made a zine to celebrate the film further at the end of last year, one I'm really proud of.

Both films have received nominations at various awards. Waiting for the BAFTA nominations to come out but I'm really hoping both get some recognition.