Friday 24 May 2019

"Jesus Loved Winners"

 

This year marks the 20th anniversary of so many films that were released at the end of the 90s. I was hoping to get to a few others BUT there is one that really deserves to be front and centre.

'Drop Dead Gorgeous' was one of the first 'grown up' VHS tapes I remember my sister and I owning, or at least, my Nana kept at her house for us to watch when we stayed round. It was a bright pink box, so inviting and sparkling next to all the dull grey boxes. Just something I remember. I only bought it on DVD (cardboard box would you believe) a few years back when I realised I didn't own it. It's really odd that the film hasn't been released on blu-ray yet. A 20th anniversary would be a prime opportunity. I hope the distributors can hear me!

For anyone who loves this film as much as me, you know how damn quotable the film is and just how brilliant the characters of Mount Rose are.

I've written a piece about the film that will hopefully be in the next Vulturehound issue but I also couldn't resist making a zine to mark the anniversary. I won't be putting up a more detailed version until after the VH issue is out. I have ordered a print version just to see what it looks like, but for now here's a sneak peak: