Friday 22 September 2017

Time to Check the Gate


Last year I was lucky enough to get to the very popular screening of Thelma and Louise which was presented by The Bechdel Test Fest and was unfortunately in the audience during the ordeal at the end. Despite the drama the screening was hugely enjoyable. I also went to a screening of Single White Female which I had never seen before. It was presented by The Final Girls, my first intro to the world of feminism and horror together. Also, a fantastic screening complete with mask and zine to keep as a take away. Both screenings were part of Check the Gate, a screening season from Prince Charles Cinema and Park Circus, celebrating films presented on 35mm prints. I'm happy to say that I am lucky enough to part of the season this year, with contributions to The Killing and Boogie Nights screenings in small ways. The programme this year is intriguing with a different variety of films with no set link.

If you're in London this weekend, I'd suggest to check it out, if not just to sit in the PCC and saok up that film feeling. Check the Gate dates and times HERE.