Tuesday 17 March 2020

Nine Years

This is the strangest post to write right now. Amidst the cinemas closing around us, the virus frenzy continuing to grow, this doesn’t seem like the time for me to look back at my 9 years of writing on this blog.

Although I’m thankful that my 10-year anniversary isn’t this year in light of everything going on out there, I had hoped this year was going to be THE year. Off to a fantastic start (personally) and film wise too. The triumphant Oscar wins for Parasite. A crop of fantastic female led films for the summer, all now on hold or postponed. I work in event cinema as well write about and cover film, its hitting me harder than I expected or sooner than I expected.

The last few weeks have felt like a film we’ve all seen before it gets to the panic and possible zombie apocalypse or world war or dare I say it, virus outbreak. But in theory, this is not like the movies, we’re all just living it.

My office where I work has said we can work from home and as I recently moved into my new place, it's going to be a long and hopefully not as lonely as I fear road. At least I’ll be writing more as we all move further online. I’ve been rather absent from my blog last week and the week before last mostly due to my own personal thing going on but I’m bouncing back. With many films in my collection to be watched and many films online to enjoy, there’s no end of material.

Everyone be safe and healthy out there and hopefully we’ll be back in cinemas soon.