This is also the time where we all make resolutions that we keep until February and forget we ever made them. Then we make new ones before the Summer then forget them by September. I've had a look back at my resolutions from last year and in true tradition, I forgot what they were, but surprisingly, I actually kept to most of them as they were do-able.
I said I needed to write more of my novel. I didn't do that. But I did try to start a new one (I'm also laughing at this). I also wrote some short fiction and sent it out to competitions. I tried.
I said I needed to excercise more. I actually injured my back in February, on a trampoline and put on weight, so not great. But I fixed it. Then I hurt it again, as well as finding out I had shin splints. I spent the rest of the year doing physio. But my legs and ankles much better, my back on the mend, my friend and I went for walks AND I started pilates, I'd say I did something.
I said I needed to go on holiday. I did. I went to Cornwall for a week and it was beautiful.
I said to de-clutter. Well, I didn't really do this. All I did was sell a few things on ebay and sell my sofa.
Finally, I said I needed to branch out. I did, or at least, I feel I did. I won't go into details but I tried new things, I made an effort and I tried new ways of being creative with my ceramic classes. My aunts and uncles were given a few things I made for Christmas - just hope they like my weird creations. On a good note, I have contributed to The Film Magazine.
Over all, I think I kept to my goals in one way or another. This year, it's simple but far more difficult. Plus, I can't actually broadcast one of my resolutions. But here are the others:
1. Visit Helsinki - my sister and I planned a trip last year but there was quite a bit going on so we have postponed until 2016. Main reason is obviously for these guys:
2. Ceramics - I enjoyed it very much so thought, why not go back and learn throwing this time.
3. German - I really regret stopping my lessons but it became just too tiring after work. I want to go back to learning, maybe through another way.
4. Move Out - It's time. I've had to put this off for finacial reasons but I'm hoping in junction with my resolution that cannot be discussed, I can move out. Fingers crossed.
5. Health - this covers all bases, just to be healthier, that would be great.
Anyway, here's to 2016 - may be a great year for everyone!